Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Second Pregnancy - Still Week 10ish

So last Friday, Caleb's stupid team decided it would be a good idea to hold a team meeting in California mid October. I freaked out a bit when i found out. My mom is leaving on Oct 4. and that means i would have to take care of turbo all by myself. It's very possible that by then i will feel a lot better than i do now but given how it was with the last pregnancy it's really hard to say. i cannot imagine having to wake up early, change him, make him breakfast, take him to daycare, go to work, rush to pick him up, feed him dinner, bathe him etc etc etc all alone while being super sick. i can't even get myself downstairs and i have been hiving everyday.

So then it was decided after some discussions that he would take Turbo with him, but he would go for two weeks instead to california. and then it was decided yesterday that they would leave earlier - the same time as my mom. This means that they all leave me on oct 4th and then Caleb doesnt come back until Oct 19th. I feel so helpless. After my mom heard, she suggested that i go back to toronto instead for those two weeks with her.

i looked it up on the calendar and realized that i was already supposed to be in toronto from 26th to the 1st (so i wont see turbo for five days, and then another two weeks two days later). That's way too much for me. In addition, if i go back to toronto on the 26th, i would be back for two days and then ihave to fly again back to toronto - that's a bit too much considering i dont even want to fly once. Also my ticket to toronto for he 26th is basic economy so non-refundable anyway. In addition, i have an ultrasound for my 12th week booked for oct 3rd!

So my options are basically this:
  1. Go back to toronto for the wedding for four days, come back and be alone in paris for two weeks, not see my son for the wedding week and for 2 weeks hes in cali.
    • i dont want to not see Turbo for so long
    • i dont want to be lonely...i think...or maybe it won't be so bad?
  2. Miss the wedding, go back to toronto for the two weeks my husband and kid is gone, so i wont be alone and sad
    • so many people will be at the wedding that i havent seen for so long, and i'll be so sad to miss it
    • i RSVP'ed already, so it's pretty shitty to not say im not going
    • ticket is non-refundable
  3. go back to toronto for the wedding, come back for two days, get my ultrasound, and then fly back to toronto for two weeks
    • i'll miss turbo for a long time
    • too much flying
I really need to decide soon since ticket prices are going up. This really sucks.

No comments: