Thursday, September 26, 2019

Second Pregnancy: Week 11

The past week has been hellish for me. I was puking so much and in so much pain that i've finally decided to medicate myself since i couldnt even eat anything for two days and was still puking out bile. I'm taking metoclopramide right now three times a day, which is also is used for cancer patients. I started taking it yesterday and im already feeling a lot better today. i can actually stomach food!

On Monday, i went to see a second OB that's 100% attached to a semi-private maternity hospital and he explained to me that his fees are going to be 1200-1400 EUR, but i wont be able to find out the fees for the hospital until after i had my first trimester scan and make an appointment with ste felicite thereafter.

He recommended that i go to a private clinic for the scan if i want the info sent directly to him, but if i wanted to reserve my spot at Necker (the public hospital), i would need to be doing my scans at necker. It's a bit of a weird dilemma for me because part of the reason why i wanted to go private was because i wanted to make things easier this time, but instead i feel like im making this a lot harder because there are too many choices and paperwork to do.

If i go private, i will need to figure out how to extract my files from necker from my previous pregnancies and all my scans, and then after i give birth, i need to follow up with insurance for all the payments. Whereas last time, with Necker, they take care of everything for you and there was very little i needed to do. There was so little that i needed to do that i had no idea what was going on half of the time, and this time i just wanna know. In addition, after going into ste felicite, you can palpably feel the difference between a private and public ward. every patient at ste felicite was carrying brand name handbags (ha!) and super well coiffed. One lady was even carrying an YSL Sac du Jour (3k bag). Anyway the hospital overall is just cleaner and more airy. 

My flight to toronto for Jay's wedding was supposed to be today. i didn't make it. i feel so tired.

2 comments:

Eldon said...

Hey Lynn!
Congrats! I stumbled on this accidentally today and realized that you updated your blog. I was going to just lurk and leave but I decided to send you a note just to let you know that you're not shouting into a void. lol.
Sorry to hear you will be missing the wedding. Anyways, hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy.
-Eldon
P.S. Parenting sounds awesome....

Lynn said...

<3
I can't believe you stumbled on this!! thank you Eldon!! im so sad i wont be able to see you and sharon at the wedding - it's been so long. i dont mind no one reading this because it's just me complaining about being pregnant anyway, i'm sorry you had to see it! Parenting is not all bad - and not everyone has severed nausea and vomit like i do - i bet you guys would make great parents!