I woke up this morning anxious. Is my appointment today or tomorrow? Crap - i haven't learned about what i'm supposed to expect yet and i need all the stuff listed and translated in french in case they miss something or i dont understand something. Why didn't i do this yesterday instead of laying waste on a couch watching 2 hours of Friends on Netflix when I own the entire DVD set and had even watched all of it with commentary?
Anyway, so here I am, getting prepped. I've been a bit nervous about not having done an ultrasound or even going to the doctors to get more info since I had gone the one time to get a prescription for a blood test. I havent taken my prenatals cuz i can't stomach it, and ive been looking online and chatting with friends, family, or friends of friends on what to do about my stomach - it feels a bit irresponsible but it feels like even if i went the french way does not care.
This was confirmed as soon as I googled "First ultrasound France" and this was the first link http://frenchmamma.com/2012/11/01/first-ultrasound-is-at-12-weeks-in-france-why-go-sooner/
Apparently even if you went out of your way to go, it's kinda pointless. Their attitude is so laissez-faire.
Here are the things i will need to ask or make sure i do tomorrow:
1. Make sure to get the "Declaration de grosesse" forms for declaration:
- The document is called "Premier examen medical prenatal"
- Pink slip + lab result go to Caisse d'assurance maladie
- 2 blue forms go to Caisse d'Allocation Familiales (CAF)
- Do it within 14 weeks to be reimbursed 100%
2. Determine actual due date of pregnancy (la date prévue d’accouchement)
- Last period (dernières règles) was 28th Mai commence
3. Provide all my symptoms (symptômes de grossesse)
- a lot of dry-heaving - at least 5 times a day (avoir des haut-le-cœur au moins 5 fois par jour)
- actual throw up 2-3 times week since july (vomir 2-3 fois par semaine depuis juillet)
- stomach hurts and burns all the time - symptoms of indigestions and a lot of gas (avoir mal d'estomac, L'ingestion cause des brûlures dans estomac, se sentir ballonnés et avoir davantage de gaz tout le temps, jamais arret)
- Diarrhea happens but not too often (parfois avoir des coliques/diarrhee)
4. Ask about
- Down's Syndrome test (si le bébé a la trisomie 21),
- abnormalities (s’il existe des anomalies),
- risks (les risques maternels et fœtaux)
- seeing a gynecologist (gynécologue) or a midwife (sage-femme) or obstetrician (gynécologues-obsétriciens)
- Low taxoplasmosis antibody - igg and igm (anticorps contre la toxoplasmose)
- Presence of infection from my first blood test
- Ask about Father's blood type being different (groupe sanguin de Caleb)
6. Ask about prenatal vitamins (vitamines prénatales)
- thinking about them makes me gag (j'ai essaye de prendres prenatales et acide folique mais j'ai des haut-le-coeur alors j'ai arrete - je veux le faire quand j'en pense)
7. Provide my medical history: asthma, severe allegy, eczema (atopy triad), a lot of stomachache/indigestion (no known cause)
- triade atopique:
- urticaire (grave, quand j'ai chaud and quand je sors de maison, cetirizine)
- asthme (pas souvent, flovent & ventiline)
- eczema (plus depuis grosesse, betaderm)
- ingestion, haut le coeur souvent mais pas de diagnostique)
8. Preparation for birth? (Préparation à l’accouchement)
9. Drink lots of water as fluid is needed for ultrasound
10. Bring my test results!