Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Few days in Boston

  1. The taxi driver ripped us off on our way from the aiport to Newton. $73 for the ride. it also rained pretty hard when i first got here.
  2. Day 1 consisted of getting a lot of presents (a new wallet and a new BB) and going to two malls. Adam knows how to treat a girl right.
  3. Day 2 = going to Chinatown and finding out Chinatown is really Viet-town. It has more Vietnamese restaurants than Chinese restaurants. There were three stores we found that sold Vietnamese bread so we bought two bread from each store to test out which one is gonna be the best. Yes, that is what i have been eating for lunch in the last couple of days.
  4. The "T" is ridiculously old and and manual. No more complaining about the TTC.
    • Tried to exchange a bus ticket at the T (their name for their transit system) and the dude told me to go to Avad square. After much commotion, we realized he said Harvard Square.
    1. I got complimented by a girl walking around Tufts Univeristy. She really liked my outfit.
    2. Someone at the bank asked me how I liked Boston. I said it was "alright" and he was all shocked. He then asked me where I am from and I said "Toronto" and he became defeated and said, "Oh ok...Toronto is a nice city"
    That's all for today, more to come other days, hopefully. I keep saying that.

    1 comment:

    Jenny said...

    ah ha! I like that last one.
    Unfortunately you wouldn't get the same reply here in Europe it seems. It's usually the opposite..I'd tell people in Toronto that I live in Brussels and they refuse to believe that there are cities in Europe that just aren't that fun.