Sunday, May 22, 2011

Survival of the Fittest

Some time this evening, after another eventful day of delays and panic, I told someone that I'm surprised I haven't been eliminated by evolution, since I clearly am unable to handle being out here in the big world on my own.

Not so surprisingly, when I took the Big Personality test (https://www.bbc.co.uk/labuk/experiments/personality) just now, I scored the highest on Neuroticism.

"In the context of the Big Five personality traits, the term 'Neuroticism' relates to a person’s response to threatening or stressful situations. People with scores like yours may find that they often feel tense or anxious, and may well experience changeable moods."

Ironically, "some scientists have suggested that Neuroticism was beneficial in evolutionary terms. Early man may have found it advantageous to live in a population where certain individuals had a high sensitivity to threats to the group's survival."

This explains why I have yet to win the Darwin award; however, the keywords in the previous paragraph include "was" and "early man" (secondary words include "suggested" and "may"), which only means this award may still come.

No comments: