Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Paris Asian Supermarkets

Most of the time, when I run searches on the Internet, I generally search in English, unless there's something specifically Chinese that I don't know the English word for or it's something uniquely Parisian that no one English-speaking would know to search for. So when I looked up asian super markets in English, I noticed that there's quite a void in the compilation and it took me a while to even figure out where to go for Asian groceries. So although I don't have a great list at the moment, I'm going to attempt and write them out and add to it as it is still a work in progress.

To start, the first thing you need to know is that Asian groceries are the easiest to obtain in three places in Paris: Chinatown in the 13th arr (the triangle of blvd massena, avenue de choisy, d'ivry, up to place d'italie), Chinatown in Belleville, and in 2nd arr (little japan by pyramides). But that doesn't mean that those are the only places that have asian groceries. Personally I haven't discovered too many, but I figure I'll try my best to provide what I know as long as I live here.


  • Chinatown in the 13th 
    • open Sundays until 1pm
    • more Vietnamese/Laos
  • Chinatown in Belleville 
    • some stores open Sundays all day but closed on Mondays
    • more Chinese (WenZhou)
    • neighbourhood a bit sketch
  • Asian Markets in the 6th
  • Asian Markets in the 3rd
  • Asian Markets in the 10th
  • Korean/Japanese in the 2nd (some stores open every day of the week all day)
  • Suresnes

No comments: