Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Does it bother you too?

This post really bugs me:


Charity gifts
Hi Toronto,

A friend of mine is getting married at the end of May, and I would like to get her a gift from a store that donates some of its proceeds to charity. Ideally, I would just make a donation in her name, but she and her hub to be really need some housewares and stuff to start a life together.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I'm looking for a store like www.eatmywords.org ( they donate proceeds to the Stephen Lewis Foundation), but in this case, I can't get them edibles.

Thanks!!

Does it bother you too?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

urr... that's a bit tacky in my opinion. It wouldn't bother me IF the couple is dirt-rich and actually made it a known fact they don't need anything. But in any case, I believe that (regardless of the event) gift-giving is about giving things the receiver NEEDS or WANTS. If you want to give to charity so much, just give $$ to charity yourself, or re-budget your year worth of gift budget and give to charity. I love giving to charity, but I find it very tacky to give on someone else's behalf.