Monday, October 19, 2009

Coffee in Medford--Cambridge

I have figured out why my caramel Americano is sub-par from the SB downstairs of our building: their pump for the caramel syrup is stuck. This morning, I decided to tell them to add another pump of syrup to my drink and saw that only half of the syrup is being squirted out for every pump, drastically reducing the flavour, and of course, the sugar. Also, the hot water is not hot enough, causing my coffee to be lukewarm after I add cream to it. There are a couple ways I can mitigate this problem:
  1. Suck it up and deal with sub-par coffee (not an option)
  2. Ordering a different flavour with hopes that the pumps are working (but I like Caramel)
  3. Asking for a Grande three-quarter full 6 pump caramel Americano (that would make me sound crazy)
  4. Stop by another SB somewhere along my commute to work (quite time-consuming)
  5. Stop drinking from SB and drink the free coffee at work (I would have to buy cream)
  6. Stop drinking from SB and make my own coffee (I would have to buy filters, coffee, and/or new machine)
 Solution 6 is the lesser of the 6 evil. We have yet to go grocery shopping though. We don't even have salt in the house. This is a boring post, I know.

4 comments:

Benjii said...

In order to procrastinate, I bring you option #7: Buy your own syrup

BTW: Does that mean you normally get a 3 pump grande? My pancreas shudders at the thought.

Lynn said...

they told me four is normal, which is actually a little too sweet. i have thought about asking them for less pumps before, but i didnt want to sound crazy with all the customization.

i think i will get the syrup once i get a new espresso machine. i can't wait. btw, when r u coming to visit?

Mr. Ed said...

Get salt packets from mcdonalds like I did when I lived downtown.

Lynn said...

1. that is an awesome idea!

2. when did you live downtown??