Sunday, October 18, 2009

I found a job

I haven't been really good at letting people know I got a job...apparently even in person I would forget to say something. I guess I just didn't see it as a big deal, though it was such a big deal to get a job when I actually didn't have one.

So here is the stat:
I'm working at a company called CoreStreet and they provide solutions for secure identities, which means, as the technical writer there, I am trying to very hard to learn about Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) so i can actually write about it. To make you jealous, the company provides catered lunches daily, as well as monthly T passes. The office is located in Cambridge, and there are approximately 20 people working there (very small) and everyone is very friendly.

In terms of where we live, we just moved in the week Jen, Kenny, and Matt came to visit us (Oct. 1). The city we live in is called Medford, and it's probably the equivalent of what Yonge and Eg would be to Toronto downtown core as Medford would be to Boston core. The place is brand new and lives like a hotel. Adam and I have been putting all our money into decorating the house, and it looks pretty good, but you gotta come visit to believe it ;). We don't have enough money to fill the house with furniture yet, so pictures will no be coming until I start getting paid :D  The three weekends we have been here, we have had visitors from Toronto, which is pretty awesome, but more about that another day.

Last, but not least, Boston is a great city, minus the transportation part of the city!

That's all for now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So no issues with getting a TN? And you forgot about your visitors from Seattle. :(

Lynn said...

haha
1. no issues, it was pretty smooth sailing. the custom dude even joked around with me

2. you technically didn't count because you stayed at a hotel and i only got to see you twice...though two very long and helpful nights....can't thank you enough! speaking of which, i've been meaning to find you online to no avail, and everytime i think about calling you, you're at work still. who knew three hours time difference would be such a b****

Jenny said...

wow, you have a job? great. now it's my turn to get a job!

Lynn said...

<3 you will in no time, you're so smart and loveable. hope you're doing well...miss you and love you