Saturday, March 26, 2011

Easy Peasy on the Fifth

I'm not a clubber.
I remember in the first two years of undergrad, I went quite often, but I use the word "often" loosely. While everyone went to Tonic weekly in first year, and Afterlife weekly in second year, I would venture to say that I went on average of once a month. And then i went out with mike and we went clubbing maybe four times throughout our two-year relationship. The three single years between the two relationships, I could probably count with one hand how many times i went clubbing.

Below is evidence of how uncultivated i am with the "club scene." Whatever that i'm listing below is probably old news for most people.

Things I learned at Easy last night:
  • The crowd hasn't changed since the last time i was there (two years ago); they just aged
  • The crowd also hasn't changed since the last time I was dragged to another club (three weeks ago) because I saw too many familiar strangers from the other night.
  • There will not be a single night you go to Easy and you won't know at least 1/3rd of the crowd.
    • This time around, I ran into people i haven't seen from hs for 10 years, and people i haven't seen from elementary for 15 years
    • Apparently this club is a graveyard for ex-s.o.'s. You will likely meet at least two people you've dated in the past on any particular night. Thankfully none of my exes are now in toronto.
  • The aggressiveness of men correlates to the lateness of the night. By the time the lights turn on, guys will start to talk to any girl that doesn't look like they're going home with someone (even if they're in mid-conversation with another guy)
  • I used to think that if you go to a club and you're with guys, other guys will leave you alone. Alas that is not (or no longer?) the case, apparently they are now able to detect the difference between a girl going there with a guy, and a girl going there with someone they're seeing.
  • Don't leave a tab opened at the bar because you'll come back with a bill that makes you wish you bought that shirt you really wanted but couldn't afford from [insert expensive brand] instead
  • The bouncers and bartenders are actually really nice
  • I'm just not made for clubs.

1 comment:

Christine Lu said...

HAHA hilarious - loves it! Especially hate doing the awkward run-in with exes *shivers*