Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Freedom

The thing with this tattoo is how "freeing" it makes me feel.

Not so much liberation as much as just a pure sense of freedom. The ability to have that choice with your own body. The fact that it is yours and that it's yours only, to decide what goes on it, stays on it--or not.

It is mine, and purely mine. And it will never belong to another person.

I like having choices, even if I don't end up exercising them.
Fundamentally, humans are made of free will. And without choices, there would be no free will.

Sometimes, to keep me happy, all you need to do is tell me I have that choice, without any conditions, even if you don't want me to make that choice

....and I will likely not make that choice, happily. All I need to know is that I have it.

No comments: