Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bandages vs. Plasters

I fell the other day. I was biking in the middle of London and fell off my bike in the middle of the road in a busy intersection. I was lucky and didn't get run over by car, but I had a huge scrape on my knee.
What I learned from this incident, however, is that although some people might tell you "plasters" are the British equivalent to American "bandages", they are not.
Here is a bandage from the US:
Here is a plaster from the UK:

Do you see a difference? 
Here's a hint, look at the actual dressing.



I was unable to find a plaster that had a dressing that covers the edges of the adhesive. So in order to cover my big scrape, I had to make do by using scissors. 
Also, I've learned that neosporin contains Antibiotics, which is prescription only in the UK, but a small dose of codeine is not. I will take the codeine please. J/K :)

No comments: