Monday, August 19, 2019

Second Pregnancy: Week 6

No one is probably reading this these days so i think it's safe to post here. But if you are still reading this because you have gotten a google notification that i'm posting again, you should totally just send me a message to say hello.

You see it in the post title - i'm preggers with #2 at 6 weeks at the moment - so too early for any congratulations. But i wanted to write this stuff down because i realized that i have forgotten all the stuff i am supposed to do whilst pregnant and coming back to this blog has actually helped me.

Last time i was pregnant, i had moira help me call necker to register me there and just went from there. This time, i have no moira next to me so im trying to do everything myself - and things are a bit uncertain.

I've mostly made up my mind that i want to go semi-private this time at ste felicite after hearing all the information about how wonderful they are, but i have not actually had any experiece or seen the hospital, or how much it costs. I tried getting an appointment with a fav doctor at ste felicite and his first appointment is either next week, where i will be in the south of france, or all the way on the 3rd of oct, which i found really frustrating. I realise that most of the first appointments in public hospitals isnt until week 12 anyway (necker gave me oct 2 at 9am) but i was hoping sem-private would give me more options. i tried calling around other doctors but because it's mid-aug no one is even picking up. Good stuff. I ended up calling Necker as a back up option and i also registered online at necker and at ste felicite to give me a peace of mind.

It's been hard with a toddler. Daycare is off right now and i was just in india for two weeks (longest i've ever been away from him) and he's extra clingy. Even writing this post, with caleb behind me doing stretches, and my mom in the kitchen, he still wants me to hold him and sit with me.

Speaking of india, it was a bit crazy on the last day with the throw up and the diarrhea. i have been having liquid bowel movements since the day i left india thursday (four days ago now). we are going to the south of france tomorrow. it's not great timing. i woke up in the middle of the night sitting on the toilet in great pain, which makes me wonder if it's going to affect the pregnancy. But there's no tmuch to do at the moment until i come back from south of france.

i feel a lot more anxious this time around, but less pukey - so far. but what makes it worse is now my 2 year old is screaming behind me in need of attention.

No comments: