Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How I spent my last 3 weeks

It's been a while since i posted an entry. things have been pretty hectic and i've been short on time.

To start, I had a few papers due in the month of April, the last being a 20 page research essay due on Friday, April 25th. I had to finish the stuff before Wednesday however, as I work from Wednesday to Friday.

Friday (25th), after work, I came back to my apartment in Toronto and packed EVERYTHING

Saturday (26th) was moving day. I had put everything in garbage bags because i figured it would make the process of moving a lot faster since I wanted to go to Jay and Anne's birthday at Sultan's Tent on Saturday night. Nevertheless, it still didn't work out. After loading everything into the van and driving down to waterloo, then moving all my things up three flights of stairs into the new place in loo, it was already 4pm. What was even worse was that we still had to go to our old place in loo and PACK. By the time we moved everything into the new place, it was 10pm and we didnt get back to Toronto until 11pm. Not fun.

Sunday (27th) and Monday (28th), I had to finish off the docs that are due for a release by the end of the week for work. I'm so used to working on non-working days now.

Tuesday (29th) to Saturday (3rd) was spent in Boston. Adam flew off to Seattle on Saturday morning. By the time we got back to Toronto, it was almost midnight and we hurried to Danny's birthday to say happy birthday for about 30 minutes before we all went home and passed out.

Sunday (4th) , I got back to Waterloo and began unpacking. Everything was in garbage bags and I had to unpack each and every one of them. Class on Monday (5th) morning from 9am to 4pm and then more unpacking.

Anyway, in case anyone cares, here's a pic of the new room:



Today was spent doing household things like getting the hydro hooked up, talking to the property manager about cleaning the house and then supervising the people that are moving all the garbage leftover from the last tenants out.

The reason I had to supervise was because apparently the property manager had already gotten people to come by three times while I was in Boston to clean the place. Because there were stuff everywhere and the girl who already moved in didn't coordinate the cleaning properly, they couldn't do the cleaning they were supposed to. The one time they did come in to clean, they tossed out all my toiletry that i left in the washroom. According to Trisha, she told the cleaners that we wanted to keep the stuff in the bathroom but they tossed everything out anyway (well except for her stuff cuz she moved her own stuff in her room to be safe..)

At any rate, those people had thrown out a bunch of my things that are brand new. So far, I have discovered that they threw out:

  • a five pack toothbrush unopened packaging
  • 2.5 tubes of toothepaste (two of which are brand new unopened)
  • my rinsing cup
  • my razor (the expensive type)
  • MY HAIRDRYER
  • 36 pack toilette paper
  • 200 Qtips in a box
  • 1.5 bottles of liquid handsoap (one of which is unopened)
  • 4 bottles of shampoo (two of which were HUGE bottles imported by me from TW)
  • nailpolish
  • 2 bottles of shower gel
  • my loofah
  • my piercing disinfectant


I'm discovering more things lost as the days go by. I am so mad.
Thus, i had to supervise the cleaning out this time to ensure that they don't throw out things that we actually own and want to keep, such as Elvin's mini fridge.

I'm leaving for Seattle for a week on Tuesday to visit Adam. I already have a ton of reading assigned from yesterday and taking out Wed-Fri working days, I have Sat-Sun to finish my readings and run a bunch of errands before I go off.

I had thought to myself that i would have a ton of free time after Adam heads off to Seattle but now it looks like I'm just lying to myself. Between work and school, i really need to manage my time wisely when it comes to free time. Hopefully I'll still have some time to go to the beach and rollerblade and rock climb like last summer...we'll see =(

More about Boston later, maybe.

4 comments:

kingkao said...

Thanks for looking out for the mini fridge! NICE!

Lynn said...

no worries, the garage is now spotless and the fridge is sitting in the basement room!

kingkao said...

ugh...forgot to mention that I had a couple of things there. a bin filled with washroom stuff like shampoo and soap. i am sure that is gone... and I'm pretty sure I had a blue bin or something that had kitchen stuff, and other random things...food that sort.

Lynn said...

no no, those were in the living room and are still there! at least for now! no guarantees about going when i go to seattle :(

seriously, talk to trisha....
...
..
.

i hope she took care of her stuff in the dining room or else we cant get the carpet cleaned :/