Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My worthless two-cents

I don't know a lot about U.S. Politics.
The little I do know comes from Harv's passionate speeches on his love for Obama and how he plans on marrying him (i added the latter in myself) and sitting in front of the TV at lunch when the only programs that won't make me rip my hair out is CNN. Sometimes when I see something interesting, I'd go and google it and read about the stuff.

At any rate, I have no problems with Palin's candidacy as VP. At first I believed it was a smart move on the republicans to choose a woman to run with McCain now that Clinton's out of the picture. And as much as I like Obama > McCain, McCain really isn't so bad (too bad you can't make voice changes).

However, it suddenly came across me today when someone mentioned McCain's age (which I previously knew about already but didn't pay much attention) that if McCain happens to die on the job, Palin would act as the President. I can't really judge whether she would be a good VP, but I do know that she is not qualified to be the president.

At a time like this, with the war and the financial crises and God knows what the U.S. has been getting themselves into, they simply can't afford to let that happen.

Let's be pragmatic here. I hope when people are voting, they realize the age+Palin combination problem...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about politics (american or non) but I don't like Palin very much :/ (and no I don't know why lol)

Lynn said...

SHE WAS HORRIBLE AT THE BIDEN/PALIN DEBATE. I DONT KNOW WHY PPL PUT HER UP THERE =(