Friday, September 12, 2008

Two wrongs can make a right

Adam and I went to the Pho 88 by my house tonight and I witnessed a series of event that would have rendered me speechless if it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't stop laughing and had to tell Adam why.

So the couple next to us, CBC guy (so CBC that he looks like he eats there everyday) and girl around their late teens to early twenties was taking a long time reading over the menu and deciding on what they should eat. When their order came, I saw that the girl ended up ordering a vermincelli while the dude ordered the special spicy 88 noodle soup that I always get. At first I was impressed cuz I thought they really knew their stuff, but 10 min later, the dude's bowl was still full and he asked the owner to come over to tell him that his beef was still rare. The owner told him that it was supposed to be rare (it was slightly pink) and said he should put it in the soup if he wants it more cooked. The boy told the guy that the meat has been in the soup for a long time already which made me take back the n00b comment in my head and thought, ew! The soup wasn't hot enough (though I later realized judging from big bowl of soup and him picking at it that he never put the meat underneath the noodle..fail! -.-).

As I was watching the event unfold, I waited to see what the solution would be for his beef when he asked for some more soup. Given that his soup is a special type of soup and his bowl is still really full, i wondered how that was going to work. The owner was baffled too and didn't know what to say to them either. BUT THEN (!) his girlfriend cleverly interjected and asked for a small bowl of hot soup. I gave the girl kudos for fast thinking and returned to my daily routine of making fun of adam over dinner.

As Adam went to the front to pay for our meal in debit card (2 x n00bs at Pho 88 in the same night!), the waitress brought over the lil bowl of normal beef broth. The dude was about to scoop his meat into the bowl when SUDDENLY (!) his girlfriend picks up the bowl and looked like she was about to pour the tiny bowl of broth into his large bowl of coconut milk peanut spicy soup. The dude stopped her and asked her what she was doing and she brushed his hand away and began pouring...
...
..
.
Thankfully he stopped her half way before she wasted all the hot broth and overfilled his bowl so he can use the rest of the soup to cook his meat.

So that only goes to show you that sometimes two dumbs CAN make a smart.

No comments: