Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Hallowe'en!

It's been a while since I celebrated Hallowe'en the traditional way...and I'm not even sure dressing up in a costume before going to a club/party really counts as traditional. I haven't gone trick-or-treating since I was in grade 9 or 10 or something (I know, my size allows me to persist) and I haven't pumpkin carved since I was in grade 3! When Adam suggested that we pumpkin carve, I looked at him with a mild expression and let him continue talking. In my head, I was wondering when will we have time to go buy pumpkins, let alone carve it. But Tuesday night, he dragged Elvin and I out of the house in the name of getting groceries and we bought four pumpkins. Wednesday night, he made sure all the roommates knew we were doing this, and invited some others. Last night, after his night class, he gathered everyone and with two pumpkins bought by Trisha, we began a 5+2 man and 6 pumpkins carving marathon. The +2 being Elvin (who went clubbing after carving out the top opening part) and Harris (who came in and out to help as needed..haha)

The left is Adam trying to take a picture of me with the pumpkins. You can see I'm not so happy cuz he keeps telling me to hold it in different ways. Right is Trisha looking mighty excited with her hello kitty pumpkin.



Adam told us we had to design first. I'm working on my first pumpkin and Justin and Trisha are designing batman one.



I love scooping out the slimy gut!! My mom never lets me play with food like that!



Cheng is scooping the gut of the pumpkin out and all I was ready to stab stab stab!!!



Our finished products!
Pumpkins from left to right:
  1. Trisha primarily worked on the Hello Kitty one that glows pink for some reason.
  2. Justin made a "Jewish Boy" in five minutes.
  3. Trisha drew and carved out the batman symbol and adam skinned the outer side.
  4. I designed and cut out the ghost while Adam cleaned it up for me.
  5. Cheng spent a long time working on his teethy pumpkin that turned out really good.
  6. The very right is my first pumpkin I've ever made. Adam and I wanted a evil wide smile!


Some shots of them. Cheng looking mighty scary.



We lined them up outside our steps.

Happy Hallowe'en!!!

No comments: