Sunday, February 8, 2009

My (not so) New Vice

Say hi to Harrobutt



This is Harrobutt's home:








If you don't know where these screenshots came from, don't worry, it just means you're not a loser.

For the first time in my life, I am actually addicted to a game. No, it's not WoW or...you know what, I don't really know what people get addicted to since I'm not a gamer...but the point is, I've been addicted to this facebook app. called Pet Society.

The concept of the game is quite simple:
  1. You create a pet by choosing its colour, ears, eyes, nose, etc. I created a lil piggy by the name of Harrobutt
  2. You visit friends and race with other pets in order to get money
  3. Once you have money, you can buy furniture to decorate your house and dress up your pet.
What's addictive about it?
  • Every Sunday, the game comes out with new furniture, some are available "only this week".
  • Every Thursday, new items appear in mystery boxes that you can't buy in the stores. However, there's no guarantee in what comes out of the mystery boxes so it's a surprise every time. The point is to get all the new pretty items in the mystery boxes (we have a workaround to ensure we can get them).
  • Forums: There's a Playfish forum that allows players to trade their items. Rare items that are no longer offered in stores, such as Christmas and Hallowe'en decorations are worth a lot! So getting rare items is one of the points of the game.
So for a while, since mid-December, I've been playing on it on a pretty regular basis (at least once a day). But recently, Adam has found a little "trick" to help me get any item I want. Needless to say, the game is no longer as addictive as it used to be and I don't play it as much as I used to. Only on Thursdays and Sundays when the new items come out, do I go and get the items to redecorate my house.

Lame? Yeah, I know. I'm also somewhat addicted to Rockband, but since Adam decided bringing it to Waterloo is not a good idea, all I have is my lil piggy Harrobutt!

The images above are the six rooms I decorated. Oh, I forgot to mention that one can "level up" by earning experience points and you slowly go from one room to six rooms.

2 comments:

Mr. Ed said...

Lol. It sounds like the animal version of The Sims! It would be cool if you could "interact" with other pets and make... hybrids puppies. A family!

Lynn said...

yeah, adam keeps telling me that i'd enjoy the sims if i like this game. remember in first year when pan would not stop playing it?