Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a lil Brat(d)?

I was unfortunately quite busy on Sunday doing some studying and could not make it in front of the TV for the 2009 81st Annual Oscars! So after doing much searching for the last couple of days, I was finally able to stream it on Need Movies. It was a really awesome show, probably the best one I've ever seen, so it's worth watching.


The reasons I'm posting about this is to:
  • Let people know that there's a link that hasn't been taken down yet (at the moment I've posted this).

  • and

  • Show what a possible brat Brad Pitt was at the awards ceremony when Kate Winslet was announced to be best actress and not Angelina Jolie.
Everyone stands up for a standing ovation for Kate Winslet, including Angelina Jolie, but Brad Pitt does not (See Part 12 of the link I gave out).


  1. Angelina tells him to stand up too.
  2. About ten seconds later, he finally does.
  3. Kate Winslet walks right by him since he's got the aisle seat at the front.

Some theories:
  • He doesn't like Kate Winslet because she forgot Jolie's name during her Golden Globe acceptance speech
  • He had something on his leg/his leg was asleep and couldn't stand up right away.
  • He's upset that Angelina Jolie didn't win and supports her by not standing up.
  • He thinks Kate Winslet didn't deserve the Oscars/performance wasn't that good.
You can decide.

___________

On another note, I almost forgot, my favourite dresses:
Marisa Tomei's Versace Pleated dress (If you look carefully, the pleats are done so elaborately and intricately) and Heidi Klum's Roland Mouret fiery red origami dress. She wore a dress of the same colour last year which I liked a lot better, but this year's nice dresses were quite limited. Nothing memorable like Halle Berry's dress the year she won best actress or Gwenyth Paltrow's RL pink dress when she won.

White was apparently the colour this year, surprisingly a lot of people came with silvery white, beige white, barly any color that looks like white. Needless to say, the show itself was a lot better than fashion this year. I blame it on skinny jeans, Ugg(lies), TNA, hoods with the fur, and lululemon pants. Ugg(h)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually went to look for that clip and replayed it a few times. I thought it was funny that Angie had to ask him, LOL (maybe his leg fell asleep???)

On a side note.. I do have skinny jeans, I don't have UGG but I have a pair of Pajar, no lululemon but I have hoods with fur. LOL

Lynn said...

haha, yeah, it's in Part 12 of the link i gave out. im going to google now to see if there are other ppl who noticed.

skinny jeans look awful on me, i think im going to make a post about it soon!

Anonymous said...

The show was one of the most boring I've seen. What did you like about it?

The movies and performers were mediocre, except for possibly Slumdog. The Academy is getting more snobby by refusing to recognize legitimately good movies that performed well at the box office (i.e. Dark Knight), in the name of "art."

Lynn said...

why did you find it boring? i liked the fact that everything seemed very well coordinated and thought-out. the pieces that hugh jackson did, with anne hathaway, the mixing between the older celebrities and the new generation for the musical, and the whole having five prev. winners announce the actor. everything was very well put-together for me.

im upset that slumdog won that many awards though, cuz i mean, the ending for the movie totally sucked. i think benjamin button deserved more awards