Friday, December 6, 2013

My Bags - 2006 to 2011

After 2005, my bag shopping has calmed down a whole lot. However, I was still purchasing them on a regularly basis and getting some as gifts. Unfortunately, there are some that I had gotten rid of before I took a pic of or with them. Below are some of the ones I have pictures of.





 photo bags1.png

The red puma is a limited Ferrari edition given to me by a friend in 2007 who had gotten two of them while in HK. I loved this bag and carried it a lot - it was also when I discovered that I really liked Puma bags. The white one in this picture is a Puma bag I purchased in Boston's DSW in 2010 for pretty cheap price. Both of them I used regularly until they rotated into retirement. I'm not sure if I got rid of the white one, but I think I still have the red in Toronto.

The black clutch is a cheap bag from Transit from 2008. I dont remember if i still have it The straw colour tote and silver evening bag are from Aldo. The silver i believe was inspired by the Kate Spade Amanda, something I couldn't really allow myself to spend the money on in 2006 (or even now). I very rarely use that one and I think i might have salvation armied it. The straw tote I still love. It has two clasps on the sides that can clip together and turn it into a different shape. It's definitely still in Toronto.

The black hobo in the right bottom corner is from SunPac in 2010. I love the shape of the bag but the side details started to unravel 3 days after I bought it. I went to SunPac to return it and they put a discount on it...so then I decided for about $11 I might as well keep it.


 photo bags3.png

This series of bags are my favourite inexpensive bags at the moment. The bright yellow one was bought in Hong Kong in 2007. During this trip I had bought 5-6 really cheap bags from markets in Taiwan, Shanghai, and godknows where else, but this is the only one that I kept. I was in Stanley with my friend's gf who went into a store and saw these bags and there was a discount for buying two so she convinced me to buy one too. It was an easy sell! I brought it everywhere since I got it - every single trip I made. There are tonnes of pics of me wearing it across the globe. One time I was carrying it in Boston and ran into a girl someone I was with knew. She looked at my bag and asked me if I bought it in Stanley in HK. Hilarious. Turned out she has the same bag in orange. It's a small world after all. My mom has since stolen this bag from me. I'll take it back one day.

The Big Buddha green hobo was bought on Zappos towards the end of 2010. I was really into hobos at the time and had bought the puma and the sunpac above, but neither were exactly what I was looking for. I had seen this green one online but never got it cuz it was almost $100. However, around xmas when it went on sale for under $40 - boom! Got it in green! It replaced the yellow bag as my go-to bag for travelling. I was online a year later seeing if the style was still sold because I love the bag so much and wanted another one, when I saw that there was a very last orange one in Piperlime for ~$20. I was debating on whether I should do it when Caleb sweetly purchased it for me :)  The green one I have with me in Paris and the orange one is still in brand new condition and I don't want to use it until the green one is dead.


 photo bagadam.png

I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of Coach and the white one here was purchased in 2006. I was in LA and for the first time went to a Coach outlet. I bought this white Soho flap for ~$120, which was a huge deal for me, and a red tri-fold wallet with iridescent coach signature (I was still in that phase). The white bag was sold in Boston on Craigslist for $45 but the red tri-fold is still with me. That was my favourite wallet for 3-4 years and was only retired when my Ferragamo came in 2009. Those were my first and thought to be my last Coach bags until my 24rd birthday in 2008 when Adam secretly drove all the way to Buffalo and bought me the navy blue pouch. We were in Buffalo for Christmas and we went to the outlet mall and I told him how that colour would go great with jeans. It was such a sweet gesture and in storage in toronto. I dont really use pochettes anymore cuz i dont find it to be more for younger girls.

The black Nine West Suede bag was given to me in 2009 by Adam after I got a job in Boston. I had bought a pair of black suede dressy booties for work (DSW) and saw this bag at Nine West in Copley mall while with him. I cooed about how the bag is a perfect work bag, and how it'd match my new shoes but then decided it wasn't worth $99. Adam decided it was and bought it for me. Unfortunately, it turned out that working in tech means never having to dress up for work so this bag wasn't used that often. While I was moving to Paris, my mom saw the bag and asked me what the deal was and when I told her I wasn't taking it with me, she looked at me with puppydog eyes. I said no because the bag was special to me, but she promised she'd take good care of it. Sigh.

The KS crossbody was purchased in the Boston premium outlet Wrentham Village. Before my first ever trip to Europe in 2010, I told Adam that I think I should buy a cross-body bag to avoid thieves. At the time, I stupidly thought that only Coach made that type of bags so we rented a car and headed to Wrentham. We went to Coach, found a bag I liked for about $100, and Adam got it for me. And then we went to Kate Spade and both Adam and I thought this bag was much nicer for $120 after Adam also bought this bag, the poor guy went back to the long lines at Coach to return the first one while I continued to walk around and shop. It takes a special person to put up with me. I know. It's with  me in Paris and it's great for weekend City trips.


 photo accessories.png
Here are some random accessories. The red Coach wallet I was talking about earlier that I loved with the soho flap. God knows how much crap i've spilled on it. It's now my backup wallet for random currencies.
The two wristlets are both from Coach. The leather is a gift from Adam's uncle for Christmas 2009 and the purple signature I got from Wrentham Outlet in 2010 for a ridiculously cheap price (I think $16 or something).
The two coin purses were bought in China this year april (2013). They are both from Wuhan night markets and are like $2 each or something.  I currently use the red one to store British cash and the domokun as a key pouch. I bought two key pouches from MBMJ more recently, but I won't be getting them until Jan.

They are all with me in Paris.

 photo backpacks.png 
Some backpacks. The Hard Rock one was a free gift Caleb got in Barcelona when he signed up for their loyalty club thingy. I use this on trips that require a lot of running around and when i'm biking across the City. The Northface was a gift from Caleb because my old backpack was a freebie from Microsoft Conference that had no back support. This is an AWESOME bag. The best part are the the pins though I put on it, as they are both there just to irritate Caleb. The HID pin used to be Caleb's and when i asked him for it he said no cuz he knows i'd put it on my backpack. When he left Paris and forgot the pins on my desk, guess where they went :D Both are in Paris with me.

And that ends the history of my less expensive bags....from here on, each bag will have deserve its own blog entry as the prices paid for them were a little more...

No comments: