Friday, August 5, 2016

Pregnancy in Paris - Week 10? Part II

So it's Friday and I got my lab results back. My HCG is insanely high at 191,793 UI/l.
It does explain why i have been feeling so terrible and why everything tastes so terrible and I get up at 4am to vomit.

I told Dr. Di who says either i have twins (though unlikely cuz it doesnt run in either of our families), it's high for no reason, or I have molar pregnancy, which is 1/1000 chances. But since I am not bleeding vaginally I wont really know until i get my ultrasound at 13 weeks.


The blood test only shows that 2-3 month of pregnanyc is between 20k to 200k beta-HCG so there's no way to tell right now exactly how far i am along. But based on the fact my ultrasound was schedule don the 23rd, im probably right in my math (which is rare too..ha!).

Most of the result i had to interpret on the internet since i am neither a doctor nor french. But overall i dont seem to have any irregularities with the exception that i have a higher than normal polynuceaires neutrophiles, (8.16 where normal is between 1.5 and 7.0), a higher count of titer antibody (21UI/ml where anything above 15 is positive), and seems to be immunodeficient given i have less than 2UI/ml of igg and 0.16 igm where less than 7.5 igg is negative and less than 0.8 igm is negative. The conclusion is that i follow up during the course of pregnancy.

All this basically points to the fact that i'm either fighting some infection or it's just my autoimmune overreacting - which is not surprising since i have had severe allergy symptoms for the last year. The allergist that my family physician introduced me to isnt available until next May - which is a bit ridiculous. I found another one online but the earliest availability is still 29th of august - after my ultrasound.

Today has been the first day i havent been feeling super crap, but now that i have eaten something, my mouth is filled with bitterness again, causing me to want to gag. Based on the lab test, my horomone levels wont decresse until im in my second trimester so i guess thats when all this will hopefully subside, if im lucky....man i feel like crap

No comments: