Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pregnant in London and Bangalore - Week 1 to 9

So it's been a long while since I have updated. This really isn't a formal announcement since I'm not yet 3 months and I shouldnt be telling anyone (who knows what could happen). But I really waned to come back to a space where I can document and remember the dates. So if you're still reading this blog after a year of neglect, you're the first few to know that I'm very likely preggers.

It started approximately May 27th, 2016 when I thought I had been pregnant and went and bought a home pregnancy test. Alas, I got my period about 1 or 2 days after. Assuming it was the 29th of May, then right now, I'm around 9 weeks right now.

I left for London on the 15th of June so I'm assuming that I was pregnant between the 15th of June and the 30th of June. I came back to Paris on the 2nd of July to take off to India on the 8th of July.

Around the 10th of July was when I started to feel like I ate something bad and had mild indigestion symptoms, which lasted all week long. By the 15th of July, my boss went and found me a home pregnancy test in Bangalore and alas - it was almost immediately positive.

For the next two weeks I was in India, I wanted to puke all the time. Everything gave me stomach pains and i would be rolling around the bed all night long with lower stomach pains from diarrhea and upper stomach pains from indigestion. Not to mention the smells that made me want to puke constantly. Between the terrible detergent they were using at the hotel, the pungent food, and almost every other person having really terrible body odour (especially the women), I wanted to jump off a cliff. I was surrounded by odour every second of the day.

But I stuck through it all the way to the end and finally returned home on the 30th of July. I think I have serious PTSD from the experience because everything that reminds of India makes me gag these days. When I opened my suitcase to do my laundry, looking at the clothes i brought to india made me gag. The slightest smell of typical india spices like coriander, cumin, and curry, makes me nauseous. Ironically, French body odour no longer bothers me as much.


2 comments:

Ling Chung said...

Congrats Lynn. And sorry to hear it's been a tough start!

Lynn said...

Thanks Ling! haha i can't believe there's still one person reading this :)
no one warned me how bad this is going to be - but my bf thinks i wouldnt have listened anyway...haha