Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Adventures at the Grocery Store

I went grocery shopping yesterday to cook for Adam's Birthday. Steak...mMmm....

Good Looking Tall Asian Guy Working at Produce: Are you finding everything you are looking for?
Me: Errr...well i'm looking for cheap wine glass...I'm here visiting and I dont want to buy anything expensive since I don't want to bring it back...
GLTAGWP: Well I think we have some, come with me
leads me down to the plastic cup and plate section I've already been to...
GLTAGWP: so where are you from?
Me: Toronto
GLTAGWP: Oh, from cali?
Me: (a little flattered that he thinks I'm from california) No, no. Up in Canada...I guess the stereotypes are true about you guys not knowing where we are, huh?
GLTAGWP: Hahaha, well erm..Canada is great!
Continues to talk about Canada and wine when he clearly knew nothing about either topic.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we didn't find the glasses (as predicted) and he went off. But later he approached me again, told me he asked his coworkers and none of them knew and told me all about himself. The guy is from SF, goes to school at UDub, didn't make it in Architecture, competes in international college taekwondo, has an ex-gf who is taiwanese, told me we had a connection, gave me his phone number, and gave me a little note that said, "free bolthouse, no charge - brendon".

So even though I never got my wine glasses, I got a free bottle of beverage.

No comments: