Monday, June 16, 2008

A rather mundane entry

Life has not been treating me well recently. A couple things has happened this weekend that has caused me much distress, but i shall refrain from disturbing the world with all my stories. I shall, however, endeavor to divulge some of the more interesting ones with regards to how my weekend went.

On Thursday, I discovered that the loud crack my brother and I heard on our way back from the airport Monday night was indeed a stone breaking the windshield. Ironically, when the crack sounded, I told my brother, "you know this was the sound adam and i heard three months ago before we discovered the windshield cracked!" Nervously, my brother had sked me if I saw any cracks but neither of us saw anything. After arriving in Waterloo at almost 3am that night, I left the car outside the driveway through a few thunderstorms for a few days, only to discover that there was a vertical crack from the bottom all the way to the top of the windshield smack in the middle of the driver's side. It turned out that the stone hit right below the wiper, so we couldn't see it from the car. Had I detect it earlier, I might have been able to save myself $180.

Thus, on Saturday, after driving all around the GTA all day for various reasons (from steeles and warden to leslie then to hwy 7 and mcowan, then to markham road and finch, then to leslie and steeles again), I got the windshield changed for the second time in three months. The first time cost me $220 and this time the guy felt sorry for me and gave me a discount. As a sad graduate student who clearly has too many things to do, everywhere i went on Saturday, I brought my books with me so that every second I got, I can do some reading.

On Saturday night, after dessert at Full House, we all headed to Eldon's house because Yukiko and Matt Chan wanted to check out this new game Eldon got on PS2 PS3. Being non-gamers, Jen and I discovered this magnetic board in Eldon's room with a bunch of dirty word magnets. At first Eldon challenged us to make a sentence that was not dirty, and after succeeding, we I decided the game was very boring. Alas, we reverted back to the original point of the magnets, which was to make the dirtiest sentences we can. After I made a few of them that made both Matt and Jen cringe, Jen threatened to tell Adam my lewd and philistine disposition, but Matt Chan ensured her that he would only encourage me. Unfortunately, the photo below that Elvin Kim captured did not contain the best sentences that were on the board, but I'm sure you get the gist of it ;)


On Sunday, after an entire day of reading, Tina and I went to see (finally) Sex and the City. Although Tina was disappointed, I was quite satisfied. I admit the storyline was a bit weak, as Tina observed, but the fact that I got my dose of Big and Carrie made me happy.

I came home after the movie to do more reading and then picked up Alan to be on our way to Waterloo. The thunderstorm was not pretty and a few times on the highway, I couldn't see at all. Everyone had their warning lights on and I was driving at 80km/h but was still passing a series of cars. We still got to Waterloo in 1.5hrs, which is supposed to be average time, oddly enough. I wonder how long it normally took me to get there when i'm always driving at 140km....

So that was my weekend. I think my tale didnt do it justice, but I am a bit stressed and really should get back to work.

7 comments:

kingkao said...

Correction:
It is a PS3 and I did not take the picture, Kim did =P
I would not of taken a picture with huge glare.

Lynn said...

i stand corrected.
perhaps you should go to eldon's room and demonstrate your ability to use your camera by recapturing my sentences ;)

Anonymous said...

urr, you're so busy. When are we ever gonna meet up? Maybe I should just give you my avaibility and you pick a day.... this weekend - busy on Sunday (but surprisingly free on Fri & Sat???) next week busy Sat & Sun and then busy first week of July (and 2nd week in Cuba) back in TO between 13-16 and leaving on the 17th for 2 months. Which day do you want? reserve fast :)

Lynn said...

how does lunch this friday sound?

Anonymous said...

actually that's an idea. I think I'm free. I'll confirm with you tomorrow :)

kingkao said...

HOLY SHIT! so scary, click on the link that goes to 'my' blog on your right table. LOL!
SCARY!

Lynn said...

rofl =P
changed.
stop finding mistakes on my blog!