Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anxiety Attack?

I think I had an anxiety attack today.

I woke up feeling really crummy and then I went down to campus and thought a cup of coffee would help. But even after I drank the coffee, I was still tired and I couldn't really focus. By 3pm I couldn't stand it and I went home. I wasn't sure what exactly was bothering me so I figured some food might help, but then I started eating a lot of food, like I had a bowl of instant noodle (no soup), a leaf rice thing and some veggies at the same time. I don't know why I felt eating would make me feel better, but in the end it just made me feel uncomfortably full. That's when I started to feel a little anxious so I went to lie down, even though I slept for nine hours the night before and I wasn't sleepy. I just felt really tired and the need to relax before I explode or something.

I was lying there for two hours half-consciously, dreaming about my essay (and Freud) and then thats when my anxiety peaked. I dreamed I had a heart attack. After that I became conscious again and felt like I really did have one...I felt really really bad, like something was weighing me down, the only word I can use to describe is just anxiousness. I was especially anxious about the paper I haven't started. Yet regardless of how stressed I was, I couldn't get myself to get up. I just felt like I don't want to do anything anymore even though I also felt like I was going to fail life.

It's really hard to explain the anxiety...it felt like I had way too much coffee but I only had one cup and i kept feeling my heart was pounding faster than normal and I wanted to explode emotionally. The entire time i kept my fingers on my wrist trying to feel my pulse. I tried to relax myself , trying convincing myself, it's not a big deal, I can take a day off and relax, nothing to stress about, but the feeling just didn't go away. I even tried to watch Seinfeld to distract me but the noise just made me feel worse.

So for about four hours I laid on my bed half-consciously and anxiously...not particularly depressed, more stressed. Yet even when I was conscious I couldnt get up...like I just didnt want to do anything anymore..

I think I've been just stressed about projects and papers at school and work, on top of some family stuff that's been going on at home. But I think fighting with Adam all week and feeling really emotional pushed me off the edge. I'm sure that last cup of coffee didn't help.

I feel a little better now, I tried given myself the day to relax, but it still really bothers me that I'm even more behind on all my stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're alive

Lynn said...

haha, well those things don't kill you; and from what i read, if you can even call it an anxiety attack, it is really really minor.