Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lost and Found!

My cell phone has been found.
Before my first trip to Seattle, I was unable to locate my cell phone.
I deemed it lost a week after I got back to Toronto and got myself a used Samsung for $20.
A few days ago, Trisha found my cell phone in the basement beneath the futon.
Apparently, I dropped it or misplaced it while i was cleaning up the living room before I left.

YAY for not losing another cell phone!

Have some faith in me ppl!

On another note, apparently, Telus will begin charging 15 cents for receiving text messages starting in July..WTF!!! There are disagreements among posters on HowardForums about whether it will only apply to new customers and I am tempted to call Telus to ask/complain; alas, I am too lazy. I noticed that LD minutes within Canada also recently increased from 25 cents to 30 cents, which actually has been affecting my last few bills. My Telus bills have been slowly increasing without my knowing.

Some on HF have been contending Telus can't do that because they will be losing their customers to other carriers. Although they are clearly wrong because it's already on the Telus website and flyers, I still had hope: This guy who seems to represent Telus has started a thread that said "Telus is the best company ever...but I can't tell you why until the news is public" (I have a suspicion the dude is Matt Lee). I was hoping that maybe this is just a really smart marketing tactic: getting everyone to hate Telus and then come out with something really amazing, including not charging for the text msgs.

However, after learning that Telus owns Koodo, I am pretty sure this will be going through. One of the biggest promotions Koodo is marketing is receiving text messages for free, which, I thought, was a waste of campaign cash since all carriers do that. So really, their only feature that stands out is no SAF. See how Telus is completely pwning us? They are taking away free receiving to make Koodo more distinctive. I guess there's no hoping that Telus will be taking away SAF either.

I used to preach how great Telus is and hate on the incompetent CSRs at "Robbers", but I have a feeling that if my bills continues to increase, I will be switching...maybe to Koodo...it's nothing personal to Telus, yet.

Here's to hoping Telus will come up with some amazing deal for their customers to make up for the change in receiving text.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found it.. cuz my friend couldn't find her old one when I asked for it :P

Adam said...

I FOUND YOUR PHONE

Lynn said...

adam is gay, gay gay gay.

jen: yeah, but i already got a samsung and i kinda like it better..haha, oh well, who knows when im gonna lose it again within next year!

BTW, im not sure about 27th! i have a meeting at school at 9am. im not sure what time i'll get into work!