Saturday, July 19, 2008

Me and my boxsets

Denial: It's not just a river of Egypt. It's a freaking ocean. So, how do you keep from drowning in it?" - Meridith Grey (Grey's Anatomy) (adapted from Mark Twain)
I ran into Praneetha today outside of Conestoga Mall, a girl I knew since grade 7. We used to live close to each other and sometimes we'd walk home together. I haven't seen her for years, I think since I graduated six years ago. She was with her boyfriend and I stood around talking to her giving her all the information i know about ppl we know together. It wasn't like the stuff I was telling her I cared about, nor did I really want to "gossip" (and i'm sure they weren't things she cared for either), but it was probably the only thing we could talk about outside of Conestoga with her boyfriend whom I dont know standing waiting for us. It was really nice to see her and learn about what's going on with her life (although i did most of the talking) but the stuff that i was telling her made me realize how utterly depressed i am in waterloo.

In the middle of July, out here in the boonies known as Waterloo, it's just me. Between school and work, all I can feel is guilt and stress, always thinking that I'm not doing enough or that I could have done better. The only way I dont feel as stressed is if I hide out in waterloo doing my work. But when I'm out here, there's no one. At least when I was in undergrad, I had roommates to talk to and ppl to call and go out when I needed a break. Now, it's just my computer--and DVD boxsets of tv shows i've already seen. Although I've always said I'd never set foot in waterloo again after i graduated from my Bachelors, this time i mean it when i say i hope i will never have to set foot here again after i graduate from Masters..if i graduate.

Anyway, enough depressive talk. Back to work.

1 comment:

kingkao said...

You know you have a problem when you are stressed and depressed, you find a solstice in the corner of your room by your computer.