Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What the future holds

"If life had a gas pedal, I'd like to step on it sometimes. I'd like to get things moving, to speed through quagmires, to arrive at the next town, to see the next chapter unfold. I'm not an impatient man, I don't think. That being the case, there are instances when I wish I could see what the future holds." - Felix H.


He articulated life in such a poignant and succinct manner. It drives me crazy that he's not doing graduate school but still trying to experience what suffering is like.

Sometimes I look at those who are moving on to the next chapter in their lives and my life feels so stagnant. When am I going to move on from my life as it is? Constantly on the move between Waterloo (a city I detest) and Toronto, I feel trapped and useless. April 2009 seems so faraway right now.

At the same time, I feel grateful and blessed that at least I'm sharing my stagnant life with someone who makes me feel complete.

No comments: